So, I did this tutorial before I cut length off of my hair. I wanted to add a little variation to the side braids that you see everyone wearing. I can tell you, that this one was very difficult to take pictures of myself while holding my hair. lol!! But, I did my best and I think it turned out amazing!
This side braid is basically a fishtail braid on the side, but I used a french braiding technique to make my braid start up above my ear. You could also dress this look up with an elegant flower or a beautiful hair piece to add a bit of flare to it for your winter party's. Adorable right!!?
Want to achieve this look? Follow my simple step by steps.
- Start by sectioning a part of your hair from the rest of your hair where you would like to start your braid.
- Split your section into half.
- Now, pull a thin strand out from outside the left hair section, pull this section over the top and in between your divided sections into your right section. So basically you take a small section from the left and it goes over the left section and finishes under the right section.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Work this technique until you get to the nape of the neck and secure it with a ponytail holder.
Have I confused you yet? It looks very complicated, but it really isn't I promise. Just follow my pictures and my easy step by steps. I hope you liked it!! xo