Kelly Clarkson's Wedding Hair
Photo Courtesy of E Online.com
OK, so I'm not a huge Kelly Clarkson fan, but I was a fan of her soft yet effortless looking tendrils for her big day. Her look was very elegant, romantic with a bit of class in her gorgeous headpiece.
I'm loving this look because it's perfect for wedding hair, but yet you could wear it for a holiday party or a night out as well. Hair has been very soft and sexy lately, and she pulled this off perfectly. Wanna achieve her look? Check out my easy step by steps below.
First off, this look is all about a wavy texture bit of volume! If you are wanting to pull off this look, start off with a light mousse or a spray gel in towel dried hair and blow dry in for loads of lift and volume.
- Set the hair by using rollers, or by simply curling your hair with a curling iron (preferably a 1inch curling iron) and set into place by using a pin curl clip.
- After your hair has cooled, release your rollers or pin curl clips.
- Section the hair in front of the ears away for later, working the back section first.
- Now, take sections in the back and spray a dry shampoo and tease at the same time for texture and fullness. You want to get pretty aggressive as you will be combing most of it out.
- Use you fingers and gently comb the top hair out a bit while pulling it into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck.
- Backcomb your ponytail a little bit and secure the ends with an elastic.
- Now, take the ends of your hair where you applied your elastic and start loosely rolling the hair up.
- Once the hair is completely rolled then secure it with bobbi pins.
- Drop the front section out and create a severe side parting on desired side.
- Tease each side of the hair aggressively.
- Gently pull the sides of your hair back, twist the ends and wrap around your rolled bun.
- Secure the ends with a bobbi pin.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Adorn it with a headband or hair piece of choice.
- Finish this look off with a medium hold hairspray.
Note: Its very important to only comb out with your fingers, that's how you will achieve the tousled romantic look like Kelly achieved.
Pretty easy right? Just try to over think it, and have fun! Let me know how it turns out!