I'm all about different hairstyles that are easily obtainable to the average women no matter if she has hair skills or not. I love this particular updo I created above because it looks complicated, but it's easy to achieve. Follow my super simple step by steps to find out how.
Messy Fishtail Updo
- Start with dry hair. If you hair is fine, start off your style with a bit of curl in your hair for texture.
- Section out your hair from the bottom of your crown to your ear. Clip away for later.
- Split remaining top section in half and clip the other half away for later.
- Take one side of your left out sections, create pony tail and secure with an elastic.
- Working on the same section, start a fishtail braid technique by splitting the hair in half.
- Take a strand of hair from the outside of your split section on your right
- Pull section over your right section and into the left section.
- Work this technique until you get to the ends of your hair.
- Secure ends with an elastic.
- Cut the elastic where you secured your pony tail.
- Repeat the fishtail braid technique to your two remaining sections.
- Now, loosen hair out of each fishtail braid by massaging hair out of the braid to give it a soft texture.
- Take back fishtail braid, fold in half, and secure into place with bobbi pins.
- Now take one of the fishtail braids on the sides and drape across the back of your updo and secure with bobbi pins.
- Repeat this technique with the remaining braid.
- Finish this look off by using a medium hold hairspray.
How cute is this look? Will you give it a try?