Well I certainly haven't gotten off my boho hair kick, and this fun side bohemian style youtube hair tutorial is just another way to rock your hair for these hot summer months bohemian with and edge. Its not only original but its easy and very low maintenance. For this fun hair style ill you need a few hair elastics and some time. Make sure to watch the below video and subscribe to my YouTube channel.
One of my specialities as an educator has been to break down complicated hairstyles in a way that every stylist from the beginner to the seasoned stylist. I recently did a collab with Fave4 Hairsprays to show you how you can utilize their texture takeover hairspray and create a beautiful full looking braided updo.
I've been obsessing over their texture takeover product as it really helps coarsen up your hair texture in a matter of minutes allowing your hair to have tons of grip and texture that it stays place in your updos. No joke, I'm obsessed with this spray and this updo. Get the full step by steps below.
- Section out your hair from below the crown to the top of the ears. Inside this section create a low pony and create a loose braid. You then want to wrap your loose braid around the ponytail, securing it into place by using bobbi pins.
- Work on the right side first and create a inside out braid by splitting the hair in 3 equal sections, the right section goes under into the middle, then the left section goes under into the middle, your middle section is now on the right side and you want to add hair from the part down to the braid and your new section will go under into the middle. Continue this technique until you get to the ends of your hair and secure the ends with an elastic band.
- Do this same technique on the opposite side of the head.
- Grab some Texture Takeover spray by Fave4 and spray all over your braid for texture and fullness.
- You then want to stretch and pull the braid out to create a fuller and thicker looking dutch braid. Make sure to ease the hair out slowly.
- Now drape each side across the back, securing it with bobbi pins as you wrap it around your braided bun.
So cool right!? I just love this look for any summer formal function especially since braids have been all the rage lately. So go pick up some Fave4 Texture Takeover and get started.
Im still all over the mermaid braid craze, so this weeks tutorial is on the floating fishtail mermaid braid. I love this look because it is extremely easy and literally takes a few minutes. Not only that but its a hairstyle that looks extremely hair to do…but remember…its not!
Hair types that this style works best for is on hair that is thick and doesn't have too many layers. Reason for that is that you want to make sure the layers are on the longer side so it insures you that you won't have layers that pop out of your braid because you want to see the definition in this fun style.
Either children love to get there hair done or they don't, I just so happen to have a 4 year old that hates getting her hair done. I feel some day my sweet Magnolia will appreciate me but for now since she doesn't I have to be quick and forward thinking anytime I get the chance to get my hands through her adult like luscious locks and that is exactly why todays tutorial is on the cheater version of the milkmaid braid.
This looks isn't just incredibly adorable, its fast and your child will be sure to be the envy of any child function. Ill you need for this cute do is a few bobbi pins and elastics. So what are you waiting for, grab yours and lets get started so you can transform your childs baby locks into a runway worthy look in minutes.
- You always want to start with pre brushed hair free of tangles and knots.
- Divide your hair into half and create a three strand simple braid starting on one side of the head until you get to the ends of the hair and secure with an elastic.
- You now want to do the same thing on the opposite side of their head inside your second section.
- Once both sides have been braided, you want to loosely drape across your hair line about an inch or two away from your hairline and secure into place by simply adding a few bobbi pins into your style.
- You now want to do the same thing on the opposite side and drape the other braid across your forehead connecting into the opposite braid. Connect the two with using a bobbi pin.
- If your child has extremely slippery prone hair that likes to fall out, I suggest using a medium hold hair spray at the end to help hold into place.
Not too difficult is it? And it is so extremely cute! So make sure your daughter is the envy of her next birthday bash by creating this fun do in a matter of minutes. Will you try this style?
I've been OBSESSING over topsy tails lately! I know…when you hear topsy tail you immediately think of late 80's and the early 90's because the topsy tail was in its prime at that time. Well my friends, Im here to show you a fun and innovative way that you can utilize the topsy tail technique in a very current way.
This is a perfect hairstyle for the summer ladies, and ill you need to achieve it is some patience and a few elastic bands. So hit play and let me show you how to achieve it right now. If you love this look, make sure to give it a big thumbs up and subscribe to my YouTube channel.
If you're following me on instagram you probably saw more than a few fun hairstyles that I did using only Invisibobbles. I got the amazing opportunity to be in NYC for the USA Invisibobble press release as a brand ambassador for Behind The Chair.com. Behind The Chair flew me into NYC to help hold down the Invisibobble fort in honor of them and their team.
While I was in NYC as a part of the press release I got to meet the amazing Denise Bredtmann Chief Global Embassador of Invisibobble located in Germany. Denise taught me some of her amazing skills on strictly using the invisibobble and the training was incredible. Too be honest, after going through her training it helped me so much that I know truly understood how to use this amazing product. What is that amazing product your ask? Its a traceless hair ring that stretches as it allows to create some really fun hairstyles. I used this product in several ways and one of my favorite ways was to create some really fun up styles using get this….only invisibobbles! So cool right!? If I've gotten you intrigued you have to wait for the fun tutorials coming up that I have in store working with this product.
Also, while in NYC I got to meet the sweetest hairstylist James Milligann and Laura Burns that are some pretty intensely talented hairstylist stationed in NYC. Along with Denise Bredtmann us four were a dynamic team for US invisibobble and Im pleased I was a part of it all.
If you're wondering where you can get your hands on some of these fun products, make sure to check out Behind The Chair.com who is the main distributor for Invisibobble in the United States and Im honored to be a part of their team. You guys have to get one now, if you're into anything trendy and innovative.
For some brides, wearing their hair up isn't an option. There are more than a few of us that want to have a romantic hairstyle for formal functions, but still let our hair down. With today's tutorial the half up curly hairstyle you can do just that. Let your hair down, while looking put together and elegant.
I used Kenra hair care products in this video and I have been loving them for any of my formal functions. If you're a hair half up kind a girl, this is defiantly the tutorial for you. If you love it, make sure to subscribe to my YouTube as well as give this video a big thumbs up.
Is it just me or is everyone getting snip happy lately and replacing middle parts for bangs? Three Victoria Secret models recently framed their faces with fringes including Behati Prinsloo, Erin Heatherton and Adriana Lima who debuted her new look on the Met Gala red carpet.
I personally love Behati's boho style with chipped, uneven edges and layered tresses to match. It's perfect for her tomboy, laid-back look. I often have women in my chair asking whether they should go for it, especially now when they're seeing a lot of celebrities doing it on social media. Usually they're bored with their usual hairstyle or keen to try something new and while I absolutely love a fringe, it's certainly not for everyone.
For one, it's the daily maintenance required to style it and two, it needs to be trimmed regularly or you'll end up like poor Erin who couldn't see for looking due to a case of the lock-fringe-monster!
With summer in the air, styling bangs can be tricky as they tend to get a little sticky in the sweaty heat. There's nothing worse than your fringe glued to your forehead, especially when you have spent the time styling it perfectly that morning.
So what do you do? Well here's a couple of hair hacks for fringe dwellers;
1. Carry a purse size can of dry shampoo everywhere - this will be your godsend, believe me. This handy spray will soak up any oil and refresh your limp-looking locks, stat.
2. Get a good pair of scissors and trim your own fringe - I created a cool video a while back that shows you two different ways you can trim your bangs at home. It's easier than you think, so click click and get snipping!
3. Opt for a fine fringe over heavy bangs - this is perfect for the commitment-phobe who really doesn't want to go for a serious fringe, but they just want something a little different around their face. This is great for summer because it's thin enough to be styled into a sideswept look or pinned with a cool clip or bobby pin.
Ok so there are my three tips for styling bangs this summer. Will you go the chop? Show me how you style yours on social media and don't forget to tag me in with #confessionsofahairstylist so I can see!
There's an electric feeling in the air right now infused with the smell of sunscreen and coconut oil because it's finally time to shake off the winter months and embrace the sunshine season!
It’s that magic time of year when we step into stylish sandals, slip on a sundress, don a bikini and throw our hair into a top bun - wait, what?? Ok, so let’s rethink that last step. Just because it’s hot out doesn’t mean we should get lazy with our hair.
As you know, braids and updo’s are my specialty. I love coming up with new hair looks that are both stylish and simple enough for you to recreate at home too. That’s why I’m so excited to share my latest braided do that will not only help you beat the heat, but look good doing it.
Over the weekend I worked with lead stylist, Walker and the Bespoke Salon team on the W Scottsdale’s Splash into Summer fashion show. We created a super fresh and modern dutchhawk fishtail bun. I pulled a little along each side of the braids to give it that undone finish and `lived-in’ look. As you know, I love that gritty pretty style because it turns groomed hair into everyday.
The great thing about this look, is it only gets better the longer you wear it making it the perfect vacation hair style. It’s especially great for swimming at the beach or in the pool because it’s guaranteed to look glamorous long after you get out of the water.
But this look doesn’t end there! After the sun has dried your hair in this braided style, it’s time to transition into look number 2. This second style is an effortless transition from day to night and straight to the cocktail bar. Here’s how you do it.
Simply take your hair out of the braids and spray a little sea salt spray into the mid-lengths and ends. Comb your fingers through slowly to create a fun waves. This will give you that messy boho hair, but if you want to glam it up a little, just spritz a small amount of shine treatment on the ends only, then gently work it in. Use any remainder of this product on your hands to tame any flyaways and frizz, but not too much or it could look oily. Then add a bright lip or gloss and you’re ready to go.
What do you think of this braided look? Will you try it out at home? Sound out in the comments below. Don't forget to tag me in your Instagram post when you recreate this look for the chance to be featured on The Confessions of a Hairstylist IG!