To go off of my video tutorial I did this week, I wanted to do another easy and fun fishtail hairstyle for you all. If you've been a follower of mine for awhile, you've probably picked up that I love disheveled, messy yet wearable hair. In my professional opinion disheveled braids look better on the typical women because it's more flattering and plain sexy. This look has been spotted on several celebrities such as Ashley Olsen, Blake Lively, Diane Kruger and many more.
I also want to give a huge thanks to Melanie at My Billie Designs for designing this tutorial for me. Her design skills are amazing,her style is right up my alley and her prices are right. She just recently started offering designs for tutorials so if you are in need of one, go stop by and say hello. Or if you are in need of a new blog design, she is my ultimate fav!!
Messy Fishtail Braid
- Start with dry hair. To achieve the texture shown, curl your hair like my Beach Wave Tutorial. But instead of using a 1 3/4 inch curling iron, use a 1 1/4 for tighter waves.
- Pull all of your hair to a desired side. (I did the right side)
- Apply an elastic on your desired side.
- Split hair in half.
- Pull a strand for the right side of your split sections
- Take the strand and pull it over the top of the right section into the middle and into the left section.
- Now, pull a strand from the left side of your split sections and pull it over the top of the left section into the right section.
- Repeat the same technique until you don't have anymore hair to work with.
- Cut the top elastic off.
- Apply an elastic on your ends.
- Hair spray your hair and now pull hair gently out of fishtail braid by gently massaging hair out of braid. (You want to almost pinch sections of your hair and lightly massage and pull out of braid)
- Finish this look off by using a medium hold hair spray.
Are you loving it? Then you have to check out my video below. Will you be doing these fun braided styles this summer?